GETTING IT DONE
The Sacramento Transportation Authority (STA) is working hard to get you to your destination faster and safer, with less stress, fuel consumption and wasted time. STA has funded new bridges, overpasses, connectors and interchanges. Streets have been widened, Light Rail extended, and carpool lanes added to major highways and freeways. In November, voters will have the opportunity to consider Measure B, a half-cent county-wide sales tax, which would repave streets, repair aging bridges, enhance light rail, improve access and safety for pedestrians and bicycles, and fund new congestion relief projects across the region.
DOWNLOAD: MEASURE B FACT SHEET – ELK GROVE
- COMPLETED PROJECTS
Light Rail Extended to CRC StationPlanning Phase
Extended Light Rail from Meadowview to Cosummes River College. Features four new stations, over 2,700 park and ride spaces, two pedestrian bridges connecting neighborhoods to Light Rail and a bus/Light Rail transit center at CRC.
Completed in 2008 to improve mobility and safety by widening Highway 99 and Sheldon Road from two to four lanes including left and right turns for added safety.
The new Highway 99 and Grant Line Rd interchange will be a major link in the Capital SouthEast Connector linking Interstate 5 and Highway 99 through Rancho Cordova to Highway 50 near Folsom. Completed in 2008.
Bike & Pedestrian Bridge
Construction of a trail extension and crossing over Hwy 99 north of Elk Grove Blvd. Increases walking and biking and provides regional off street trail connections to residential and commercial areas.
Interchange UpgradedRoads Widened and Improved
- Bradshaw Rd (Planning Phase)
- Bruceville Rd
- Elk Grove Blvd
- Elk Grove-Florin Rd (Planning Phase)
- Sheldon Rd
Top Priority: “Fix It First”
- Fill potholes, repair and repave local streets, redesign intersections and synchronize signals
Capital SouthEast Connector
- New roadway between I-5, Hwy 50 & Hwy 99
Bus Rapid Transit
- CRC Light Rail Station to Elk Grove
- Whitelock Pkwy & Hwy 99
Added Carpool Lane
- Hwy 99 from Elk Grove Blvd to Grantline Rd
New Elk Grove Intermodal Station
- Grantline & Highway 99
Extend Light Rail to Elk Grove
- New stations at Sheldon Rd and Intermodal Station
Multi-modal Facility at Hwy 99 and Grantline Rd
Provides for a new Intermodal Transportation Facility to help link residents to Sacramento through eTran connections and provides for a future Light Rail station.
Light Rail Blue Line to Elk Grove/Bus Rapid Transit
Creates Bus Rapid Transit service from Cosumnes River College Light Rail to new Intermodal Transportation Facility. Creates funding for Light Rail future extension to Elk Grove, now in planning stage.
Capital SouthEast Connector
Begin construction on Capital SouthEast Connector along Kammerer Rd to connect I-5 with Hwy 99.
Interchange at Hwy 99 and Whitelock Pkwy
Build new interchange at Hwy 99 and Whitelock Pkwy to improve safety and traffic flow and help relieve congestion at the Elk Grove Boulevard Interchange with Highway 99.
A PLAN FOR THE FUTURE
- FIX THE ROADS
- MAKE STREETS SAFER
- RELIEVE CONGESTION
To continue to meet our growing transportation needs, STA is considering a new half-cent sales tax which will fund the SacramentoGO Plan to fix neighborhood streets and construct essential projects across the region.
Sales tax funds help secure matching state and federal money and are closely audited by an independent oversight committee.
Visit www.sacta.org to see how your tax dollars are protected.
IN YOUR ELK GROVE NEIGHBORHOOD
TOP PRIORITY: FIX IT FIRST
- Repave local neighborhood streets and fill the potholes
- Rehabilitate aging roads and bridges
- Improve bike and pedestrian safety
REGIONAL PROJECTS: GET EVERYONE MOVING
- Construct the 34-mile SouthEast Connector between Folsom and Elk Grove as an express alternative to Hwy 50,
Hwy 99 and I-5
- Widen the Capital City Freeway between J Street and Watt Avenue
- Extend Light Rail to the Airport and Elk Grove; improve security and cleanliness at stations and aboard trains
- Expand low- or no-cost Paratransit service for seniors and disabled persons